Thursday, August 28, 2014

Collage Ministry an Opportunity?

I have heard a few times now from professing Christians that they question the "opportunity" of going on staff with Campus Outreach. Some have even said "its degrading that they would offer you a position and not pay you..." I may be blind, but I do not see it that way.. I do see this as an opportunity.
op·por·tu·ni·ty
ˌäpərˈt(y)o͞onitē/
noun
  1. a set of circumstances that makes it possible to do something.
    "we may see increased opportunities for export"
    synonyms:chance, lucky chance, favorable time/occasion/moment, time, right set of circumstances, occasionmomentopeningoption, window (of opportunity), turngopossibilityMore
    • a chance for employment or promotion.
      "career opportunities in our New York headquarters"



    • The Opportunity to give my life to campus ministry meets both definitions for the word opportunity.


      A set of circumstances that makes it possible to do something. Raising support to do full time ministry on the college campus gives me many many many opportunities (12,000) daily to share the Gospel, to proclaim the Glorious grace of God through the cross.. It allows a set of circumstances, evangelism, that makes it possible for Gods children, whom he will call affectionately, to hear the Gospel and believe in Christ. Its a chance to accomplish what we the Church are trying to accomplish, the advancement of Gods Glory, his love, his grace, his mercy, his justice, etc.

      A chance for employment or promotion. Through the worlds eyes this is no great opportunity for employment or promotion.. Its a demotion. Its a your going in the wrong direction. You have lost it, you have flipped. But with regards to Gods Kingdom it is a great opportunity for employment. Its an opportunity to give my life to a movement that is bigger than me. Its a chance to love and share the Gospel with college students who are lost and clueless in this world with regards to the greatness and power of the worlds creator. Its a job centered around the spread of the Kingdom of God. Its an opportunity to die to my own vain selfish gain of perishing treasures and seek lasting treasures stored up in heaven. I need the most opportunities to hear the words well done my good and faithful servant so I can be promoted by God. 

      Am I crazy, should I seek council?? From who my pastor, sure, he is on my support team.. Im not crazy, Im standing with Jim Elliot when he said, "He is no fool to give up what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot loose."  This is the reality of the world in which we all live. Dont you see???

      Im going to take this opportunity because it is the best opportunity I know of currently. The opportunity to gather a support team and invest together in to Kingdom of God. The opportunity to labor along side men and women who will hold me accountable. The opportunity to pray with other believers on a regular basis. The opportunity to grow as a leader and a man.  The opportunity to be pushed on when my life is falling apart because my heart looses the idols it clings to. The opportunity to know the love of God more, and invest in the Kingdom of God. I think these are good things!!! I think this is currently the best for me until a better opportunity arises. Thank You so much support team for partnering with me in this great opportunity!

      "The time is coming to gather all nations and tongues. And they shall come and see My glory." Isaiah 66:18

No comments:

Post a Comment