Monday, September 22, 2014

The Sixth Annual Festival of voices

Friday, Sept 19, I attended the Sixth Annual Festival of voices. The choirs were phenomenal. I was so very amazed at how well individuals can sing.. I didn't catch any of that talent, but I am so very glad these students did.. Most of the choirs consisted of High School Students from around the region. Performed were, Farragut High, Brentwood High, Franklin High, Mount Juliet High, and the Tennessee Tech Concert and Chorale choir. Songs included, Vere Languores Nostros, The Road Home, Sure on This Shining Night, Tango to Evora, Frozen Choral Suite, Hard Times Come Again No More, Prayer of the Children, Hark I Hear the Harps Eternal, and Fix you by Cold Play.. What a Crazy mix of Songs!!! At the End all the Choirs came together to collectively sing The Pasture, and How Can I Keep From Singing... The Collective Group was directed bu Dr. Karen Kennedy... I would describe the entire night as soothing and culturing.. It was also great to see some of the individuals who are involved in Campus Outreach perform.

No comments:

Post a Comment